Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thoughts on the Future from a 3 Year Old

My wonderful sister got to go on a much needed vacation to the virgin islands with her great hubby and the Christensen clan. I wanted to stow away in her suit case but I let her use my snorkel gear instead (not quite the same eh)? So I am dreaming of white sandy beaches and palm trees through the eyes of my snorkel gear. Anywho! My parents get to take care of the Christensen munchkins and I got to spend some time with them today. The next is a fabulous conversation I had with sir Eli.
Eli to Joanne: "When I grow up I am going to be a dentist and a rodeo clown." Joanne to Eli: "O really, at the same time?" Eli to Joanne: "Yep."

So later in the day Joanne says to Eli: "Are you going to dress like a clown when you work on peoples teeth?" Eli to Joanne: "Yeah, with rainbow clown hair, a big red nose and blue pants!"

Ok, so this guy doesn't have rainbow clown hair and blue pants but seriously this is some new kind of psychedelic profession he is creating. This clown talk comes on the very same day that one of my sister-in-law's, (not naming names), sent me a different not so lovely picture of a clown from outer darkness! By this time in the conversation with Eli, grandma and I are laughing out loud.
Joanne to Eli: "So Eli, are you going to have people that help you when you are working on peoples teeth?" Eli to Joanne: "Yes." Joanne to Eli: "What are they going to wear?" Eli to Joanne: "Just clothes like grandpa wears to work in."
So essentially he will open a dental practice looking like some freak of nature clown man with dental assistants dressed like men, even if they are not men:D
This little boy makes me laugh every time I see him. He is a hoot! He even let me call him cute which is a victory in itself! So to my sister and brother who are basking in the sun on the sand, we hope you are enjoying yourselves, because we sure are with your kids!

3 comments:

Christensens said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh wow. I told you the story of Eli and the thumbtacks at the dentist office didn't I? I want to supportive of his dreams and all, but yikes!

Christensens said...

Okay so here is the story: I am sitting in Dad's office while Eli "fixes my teeth". He pokes around in my mouth for a minute then sits back, looks at me and says very seriously, "I need some thumbtacks." That kind of fits with the whole psycho clown dentist, eh?

All Things Timothy said...

Yes it does! Thumbtacks eh?