There are a few things that I vowed not to do when I was "older". Some of those things I voiced out loud to my ever patient mother and others I just kept to myself. A few of those things are as follows:
Canning anything (that includes freezer jam or anything else that requires picking up nasty fruit off the ground in cold fall temperatures.)
Having leftover night from the fridge. (really, who would ever submit their family members to this kind of torture)
Having a meal made solely from ingredients from the dark corners of your freezer that seem to always taste like the freezer.
These are just three of them but alas I have inserted my foot in my mouth and realized that I have done all three and truly appreciate all three of these things. They make my hectic life easier on nights when I have no what to fix for dinner.
Tonight is Freezer Night. Fish sticks, frozen peas and carrots with left over cheese sauce, apples that I didn't get from the freezer and sugar cookies made from pilsbury sugar cookie dough that was from the freezer. Yee Ha! I love looking into my freezer and seeing it neat and orderly. (It won't last long).
We have been busy doing things besides eating from the freezer and hopefully I can find a moment to blog with pictures of our last couple of months.
2 comments:
Haha, while the kids were playing in the front tonight it made me feel better when Ainsley told Megan she hadn't eaten dinner yet because I hadn't fed my kids yet either. Our dinner was mini cracker sandwiches made with ham, cheese, and ritz along with apples and a cookie. :)
Mmm, yes. I don't think I have been able to remove my foot from my mouth since our family began. So....hkjewr fug friusr nkdfja
(That is me saying Hooray for Freezer night with my foot in my mouth!)
Post a Comment